Onslaught is already really, really good, so what we are about to tell you isn’t fair to 99% of the Call of Duty community…oS is about to get even better.
Introducing oS ComPlay, an Onslaught-Only competitive league that will pit teams of oS members against each other in MLG-style matches to determine who really owns the game and who is just playing it.
ComPlay is designed with one goal in mind: to increase our members knowledge of the game and skill in playing it. In addition to a whole slew of training aids we have planned, (think map overviews with standardized callouts, suggested routes, and training videos) entering into competitive-style gametypes against the other highly skilled members of oS will allow you to finely hone your skills and strats to unleash upon the Gamebattles and Game Dunzo tournament scenes.
So what exactly is ComPlay? Each month, participating players will play a 10+ game schedule, predetermined by Onslaught staff, against other oS members. Matches will be MLG style gametypes like CTF, SnD and Dom, along with Kill Confirmed and HQ. Each match will be a best of 5 series, with the winning squad the first team to 3 wins. Teams will consist of 4 players, with each team being ranked according to their performance over the the course of the “season”. The top teams at the end of the month will be automatically enrolled into a single-elimination style tournament, with the top overall team winning prizes!
So free prizes you say? What’s the catch??
No catch…ComPlay is designed with skill improvement in mind. The better the level of competition, the better you eventually become…and you don’t find much better competition than Onslaught. We boiled down the best gametypes, maps, and weapon/perk loadouts that will help prepare you to become an even better competitive player, and now it is just up to you to put those skills to the test!
You must be a full Onslaught member in good standing to participate, and there are no entry fees to compete. Sign up will be limited, and you will want to reach out to your potential teammates quickly to lock-in your rosters ASAP. Remember the basic rules:
- Teams consist of 4 oS members, no more, no less.
- You can choose your team name. If it sucks we’ll make you change it.
- Members cannot play on more than 1 team
- Roster changes are not allowed once the season starts, unless otherwise approved by Badbeat or Revolt for circumstances outside of normal control (ex. broken Xbox, summer internship, etc.)
- Play ALL your matches. If you no-show consistently after signing up, you’ll risk the ban-hammer.
- Once the season matches are scheduled, you can play all 10+ matches the same day, or stretch them out over weeks, the choice is yours and your teammates.
- You’re not required to participate in ComPlay, but it is highly encouraged. With the reboot of Game Dunzo and always present GB opportunities, its time for oS to flex its competitive muscles.
So keep checking back often. We will be rolling more info out on ComPlay, such as specific gametypes, schedules, and team pairings very soon. Play will begin around May 1st, so start practicing.
Sign up below: